Attorney and consultant Hannah M. Vasey-Vehrs is the owner and founder of Legal Risk Solutions. She has a passion for helping individuals and families plan for their futures and protect their loved ones and property.
Hannah's focus comes from personal experience with loss. After losing her husband in 2017, Hannah knows firsthand the importance of preparing wills, trusts, and other legal instruments. While no one wants to gain this kind of experience, Hannah has been through it. Through her own tragic loss, Hannah is able to practically yet empathetically help other families to prepare for the future, to understand what is really important, and to get things organized now so that the loss of a loved one will be less burdensome and difficult.
Hannah has a background in employment law and risk management, and currently focuses on providing estate planning services to individuals and families in Oregon.
"When you work with me, I know you are trusting me with sensitive matters and difficult decisions. I have great respect for the trust you place in me. My goal is to give you peace of mind, help you implement effective solutions, and get you back on track with your day-to-day and long-term goals."
Professional & Legal Experience
- Preparing wills, trusts, and other estate documents for individuals and families
- Conducting independent investigations for education clients involving both employee and student parties
- Drafting and reviewing policies and procedures for businesses, nonprofits, and universities
- Conducting training programs on risk management best practices, employment law, and the safety and protection of minors
- Conducting comprehensive risk assessments with itemized plans for improved safety and reduced risk
- Assistant Risk Manager for University of Oregon
- Associate attorney representing public entities in civil litigation
- Litigated cases including discrimination, employment, civil rights, personal injury, public records and public contracts cases
- Oversaw minors-on-campus risk management for over 90 youth programs including music, athletic, academic, artistic, and outdoor programs
- Co-organized the University of Oregon Behavioral and Environmental Threat Assessment team
Hannah works with a variety of clients including schools, nonprofits, and small businesses. She has a background in employment law and can find creative solutions to inspire and reward staff while keeping everyone focused on the mission of your business. Compliance with the law is the starting point, and a thriving organization is the end goal.
- University of Oregon School of Law: Juris Doctor, Order of the Coif
- Willamette University: Bachelor of Arts, cum laude
Certifications & Training
Licensed: Oregon State Bar (2009)
Licensed: United States District Court of Oregon (2010)
Certification: ARM (Associate in Risk Management) (2016)
ATAP member (Association of Threat Assessment Professionals) (fmr)
Annual Investigator Training (including trauma-informed practices & Title IX) (30+ hours)
Project Management (15-hour series)
Higher education compliance: FERPA, Clery Act, Title IX, sexual harassment, ADA/504
Youth protection & safety
"Hannah is timely, professional, and provides excellent guidance."
"Hannah provided a very thorough review of documents for my new psychotherapy practice. I feel much more confident in using them based on your work. Also, you were very helpful in brainstorming different options and ideas when I wasn't sure which direction to go, including providing a legal perspective on the different possibilities."
“We are friends of the family and worked with Hannah on our estate plan after the sudden loss of her husband in 2017. Her attention to detail and her own experience helped us prepare our wills and powers of attorney in a sensible yet empathetic way to make sure that our children, businesses, and property are taken care of."